So how much should you pay for a website in New Zealand? What is the going rate? What should I look out for in hiring a web designer? I do my best to explain the answer to these questions in this post.
I have been designing websites and mostly WordPress websites for over 14 years so I believe I can share some of my experience and insights if you are considering finding someone to design or re-design your website.
What about free websites
Free websites lack authority. What I mean by that is firstly the quality. Free websites are usually badly designed websites that cant be sold so they are given away for free. Secondly, most free websites carry links embedded in the contact mostly for the reason that whoever gave you the website can make some cash from the traffic on the links if you website gets traffic.
There is no good outcome with free websites so lets move on to something that will work for small businesses.
What is a good website and how much should it cost?
Your site ought to preferably create great inquiry rankings, produce a decent stream of traffic, convey an extraordinary initial feeling and connect with guests to a place where they convert into enquires and potential customers at a solid rate. In short it ought to help your web based publicising and showcasing endeavours and produce a constant flow of enquiries for your business.
A decent site ought to likewise permit you to handily make alter changes and to distribute new duplicate and pictures without the help of a web designer. Try not to regard your site as an oddball project, figure out a substance creation plan and distribute new satisfied consistently and coordinate this action with your virtual entertainment and email promoting programs. For favouring this, read our article on happy showcasing.
What skill sets should I be looking for in a web designer?
- A solid comprehension of Website design enhancement and internet showcasing is a critical contribution to the general arranging process
- A decent equilibrium between useful plan and innovative plan capacities
- A designer with WordPress experience.
- A profound comprehension of web investigation
- Equipped programming abilities that convey perfect and straightforward coding
- A history of sites that are performing
What are the basic features that the website should include:
- WordPress as the framework so its easy to update information and to keep it all updated.
- A good easy to use editor such as VisualComposer or Elementor. Try to stay away from others.
- Good hosting and a plugin such as LiteSpeed Cache to help the finished website operate faster.
- A good clean layout, with colours that match the industry colour chart based off the main brand colour.
- Easy to use contact form so visitors can contact you with ease.
- Call now button so in the visitor is on a mobile they can call you with one click
- Fully responsive meaning its mobile friendly and mobile first as Google prefers.
What budget should I cost for a website
Assuming you really want an online business arrangement then $1200 + GST cost. Internet business set-up costs differ depending on the provider. Complex delivery estimation rules for instance can add extensive expense.
Assuming you require a logo and marking configuration work, this will cost extra.
So the $1900 – $3500 + GST spending plan range is a decent benchmark beginning stage by which you ought to get a quality site that will be a decent resource for your business.
Those organisations that go for nothing or modest or potentially connect with an under-talented engineer will find the outcome is the misleading economy of a failing-to-meet-expectations site that restricts your chance to produce enquiries and deals. What’s more, this isn’t thinking about the open-door cost of your rivals advancing beyond you since they are doing it appropriately. .
What should you avoid
- Websites that you pay monthly instead of up front. You will end up paying literally $10,000 or more.
- Website that are custom made that not based a good framework and is up-to-date and relevant. (Not WordPress)
- Extra charges that you must pay after the website goes live. You should be paying for everything upfront and nothing more for a least 1 year.
We at The Digital Lab 2023 Limited are experienced designer of websites and provider of online marketing services with over 14 years in website design and 30 years in application and software development. We provide a range of website design starting at $690 + GST and solid Small Business Websites Starting from $990 + GST to $1290 + GST for eCommerce and larger websites.
What Is The Going Rate For A Web Designer In New Zealand?
The going rate for a web designer in New Zealand is on average $40 to $110 an hour and the cost with a design company is between $150 to $250 on average.
Why is the such a difference in cost between small web designers and larger web development companies?
In New Zealand there is big differences between a small one to two person web design business and the branded web development company and here are some of those differences.
What are some of the differences between small web designers and the larger branded developers?
- Many web designers are one person businesses that either work from home or are based in a low cost office so their costs are minimal and these people usually charge smaller fixed price in New Zealand from $300 to $900 for smaller version of a business website while Web Development companies usually have a team of developers, larger offices and the trappings of larger offices. The cost of business websites from these companies will usual be prices between $1,000 to $10,000 or even more.
- Money is very tight in a small design business so the emphasis is on the skill of the these designers, while web development companies emphasis is often on the brand and what the full team can offer. Also, web development companies usually have a team of developers, larger offices and the trappings of larger offices.
Why have our New Zealand clients choose us?
- We don’t talk jargon (technical). We realise our clients are tradespeople, small business, doctors etc and they have their own expertise and they don’t want to hear complicated stuff, they just want it to work for them.
- We understand our clients requirements right away. From the first contact, we LISTEN and then ask questions where required to our clients and through that we learn enough to be able to translate that into the features they require in the website.
- We only design in WordPress so that you get a mobile friendly and bug free website super fast.
- No surprises. We won’t ask for more money at any time. We promise to be transparent and clear. For the first year there will be extra charges, even if we are out of pocket, because we stand by our fixed prices.
So what are the options and pricing for our website design costing?
- The Starter Plan – Hosting for the first year is included. Up to 3 pages, mobile friendly, CMS so you can edit your own text and images, logo design if you don’t have one, 1 business grade email, Google Console & Analytics setup, SEO for the 1st year and phone/email support for the year.
- The Recommend Small Business Plan – Hosting for the first year is included. Up to 9 pages, mobile friendly, SSL Security included for the 1st year, CMS so you can edit your own text and images, logo design if you don’t have one, 5 business grade email, Google Console & Analytics setup, SEO for the 1st year and phone/email support for the year, social media integration, custom forms.
- eCommerce And Larger Business Websites Plan – Hosting for the first year is included. Unlimited products. WooCommerce shopping card mobile friendly, CMS so you can edit your own text and images, logo design if you don’t have one, 2 business grade email, Google Console & Analytics setup, SEO for the 1st year and phone/email support for the year.
About Our Costs
- What are the costs after the first year costs for domain hosting, website hosting, SSL? – Every year there will be a hosting cost. We try our best to keep this as low as possible. Currently it is $190 + GST per year. This charge includes us maintaining your website on the internet. We will monitor your website 24×7 and work to fix, repair and make live again if there are any issues at no extra cost than the once a year charge and making regular backups for security reasons.
- Can I cancel my hosting with you and take my website somewhere else? – Yes, you may cancel at any time. We will release your domain key and give you a full backup of your website.
Where in New Zealand do we assist businesses with website design?
We work nationwide, however, we have successfully designed websites in the following cities:
Wherever you are in New Zealand or Australia, we can help you at a price that won’t cause you too much grief with your budget.