What Is The Going Rate For A Web Designer In New Zealand?
The going rate for a web designer in New Zealand is on average $40 to $110 an hour and the cost with a design company is between $150 to $250 on average.
Why is the such a difference in cost between small web designers and larger web development companies?
In New Zealand there is big differences between a small one to two person web design business and the branded web development company and here are some of those differences.
What are some of the differences between small web designers and the larger branded developers?
- Many web designers are one person businesses that either work from home or are based in a low cost office so their costs are minimal and these people usually charge smaller fixed price in New Zealand from $300 to $900 for smaller version of a business website while Web Development companies usually have a team of developers, larger offices and the trappings of larger offices. The cost of business websites from these companies will usual be prices between $1,000 to $10,000 or even more.
- Money is very tight in a small design business so the emphasis is on the skill of the these designers, while web development companies emphasis is often on the brand and what the full team can offer. Also, web development companies usually have a team of developers, larger offices and the trappings of larger offices.
Why have our New Zealand clients choose us?
- We don’t talk jargon (technical). We realise our clients are tradespeople, small business, doctors etc and they have their own expertise and they don’t want to hear complicated stuff, they just want it to work for them.
- We understand our clients requirements right away. From the first contact, we LISTEN and then ask questions where required to our clients and through that we learn enough to be able to translate that into the features they require in the website.
- We only design in WordPress so that you get a mobile friendly and bug free website super fast.
- No surprises. We won’t ask for more money at any time. We promise to be transparent and clear. For the first year there will be extra charges, even if we are out of pocket, because we stand by our fixed prices.
So what are the options and pricing for our website design costing?
- The Starter Plan – Hosting for the first year is included. Up to 3 pages, mobile friendly, CMS so you can edit your own text and images, logo design if you don’t have one, 1 business grade email, Google Console & Analytics setup, SEO for the 1st year and phone/email support for the year.
- The Recommend Small Business Plan – Hosting for the first year is included. Up to 9 pages, mobile friendly, SSL Security included for the 1st year, CMS so you can edit your own text and images, logo design if you don’t have one, 5 business grade email, Google Console & Analytics setup, SEO for the 1st year and phone/email support for the year, social media integration, custom forms.
- eCommerce And Larger Business Websites Plan – Hosting for the first year is included. Unlimited products. WooCommerce shopping card mobile friendly, CMS so you can edit your own text and images, logo design if you don’t have one, 2 business grade email, Google Console & Analytics setup, SEO for the 1st year and phone/email support for the year.
About Our Costs
- What are the costs after the first year costs for domain hosting, website hosting, SSL? – Every year there will be a hosting cost. We try our best to keep this as low as possible. Currently it is $190 + GST per year. This charge includes us maintaining your website on the internet. We will monitor your website 24×7 and work to fix, repair and make live again if there are any issues at no extra cost than the once a year charge and making regular backups for security reasons.
- Can I cancel my hosting with you and take my website somewhere else? – Yes, you may cancel at any time. We will release your domain key and give you a full backup of your website.
Where in New Zealand do we assist businesses with website design?
We work nationwide, however, we have successfully designed websites in the following cities:
Wherever you are in New Zealand or Australia, we can help you at a price that won’t cause you too much grief with your budget.